Merchants on the ShopeeFood platform (“Platform”) are required to ensure that any items to be displayed on the Platform, including the sale of such items in Malaysia, complies with all applicable laws and this policy.
For the merchant’s convenience, Shopee Mobile Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Shopee”, “we” or “us”) who operate the Platform have set out below a non-exhaustive guideline on the list of permissible non-food items that can be displayed on the Platform and the list of prohibited and restricted items that cannot be displayed on the Platform. This policy may be updated by us from time to time.
(A) SHOPEE’S RIGHTS
1. We shall, at all times, have the right to review the list of items which are to be or are displayed on the Platform. We may, at our absolute discretion, determine whether to allow any items to be displayed on the Platform.
2. Any violation of this policy by a merchant may cause us to take any actions, including but not limited to:
(a) deleting the listing on the Platform;
(b) placing limits on the merchant’s account on the Platform or its account privileges;
(c) suspension and/or termination of the merchant’s account on the Platform; and/or
(d) taking legal actions against the merchant.
(B) LIST OF PERMISSIBLE NON-FOOD ITEMS
1. Drinking utensils, including, but not limited to, straws.
2. Tableware, including, but not limited to, spoons, forks, chopsticks and food containers.
3. Other free promotional merchandise, including, but not limited to, tumblers, shopping or tote bags and face masks.
(C) LIST OF PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
1. Food and/or beverages that contain domesticated, potentially virus transmitting and/or endangered animal meat, including, but not limited to, the following animal meat: turtle, crocodile, cat, dog, rat, snake, shark and bat. 2. Noxious food and/or beverages that contain animal meat that is unsafe for consumption due to questionable origins or which contains any prohibited substances or substances in excess of permitted proportions. 3. Unpasteurised dairy products. 4. Wild mushrooms. 5. Food and/or beverages that contain any form of medicines, including, but not limited to, herbal medicines. 6. Food and/or beverages that contain any medicinal claims (i.e., a claim that the item is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans and/or animals, contraception, inducing anesthesia or otherwise preventing or interfering with the normal operation of a physiological function, whether permanently or temporarily, and whether by way of terminating, reducing or postponing, or increasing or accelerating, the operation of that function or in any other way). 7. Food and/or beverages with names containing inappropriate content, including, but not limited to, pornographic words, profanity and supernatural descriptions. 8. Alcohol beverages, unless Shopee’s prior written approval has been obtained and such approval is always subject to the merchant holding all necessary licenses and/or permits to sell alcohol on the Platform. 9. Any other food and/or beverages that are, or that contain components that are: (a) illegal or restricted in Malaysia or which otherwise encourage illegal or restricted activities; (b) hazardous to human health; and/or (c) determined by any governmental or regulatory authority to pose a potential health or safety risk to the consumers. 10. Any other items that are not considered as food and/or beverages and cannot be consumed, including, but not limited to, home furnishing items, beauty water and clothing. 11. Any other items that violate ShopeeFood's business model such as: (a) raw materials, including, but not limited to, unmilled rice; or (b) items with excessive packaging or weight, including, but not limited to, gallons of mineral water. If you come across an item that violates this policy, please raise a report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 13 September 2021